Keep these notes handy – eventually you’ll find your own style 🙂
START OF THE BROADCAST:
- Immediately thank replay watchers. Never forget them 🙂
- Welcome your live viewers for up to the 60-90 seconds. Then mention to all viewers when and/or how you’ll answer questions (at the end, via twitter, or during the broadcast).
- Block trolls as soon as they appear. Ignore them, keep going.
- Introduce yourself…don’t assume people know who you are (keep it short and concise)
- OPTIONAL: Ask first-time viewers to type in a specific word so you can give a special shout out to them. Mine is WOOF or NEW
- Tell everyone what the topic of your scope is about
- Ask for the share and explain how they can do it: For both iOS and Android: Click on the number in the bottom right corner and click “Share Broadcast” (I call it the PeriPerson)
- Explain the hearts and how they work (remind people to be generous!)
DURING YOUR BROADCAST:
- Reintroduce yourself and the topic periodically throughout the scope for new viewers.
- Mention to all viewers when and/or how you’ll answer questions (at the end, via twitter, or during the broadcast).
END OF YOUR BROADCAST:
- Ask for the share at the end of each broadcast.
- Share how they can get in touch with you in other places: Twitter, website, etc.
- Honor them by thanking them for spending some time with you.