Thursday 5 December after 6pm start. 48 hour deadline.
For the first 24 hours I chose green cars.
For the second 24 hours I chose yellow flowers.
I chose green cars because I didn’t know which colour to pick .. I didn’t want to pick black, white, red or blue which seem to be very common colours for this experiment. Whilst driving a bright green car caught my eye. Thus I chose green. Unfortunately, I didn’t specify what type of green so I counted both bright green and dark greens …
Initially only a handful as I started this experiment late (approx 6pm). The next day.. 16, 30+ and 20 in three separate car trips I did that day. I honestly didn’t think there were THAT many green cars on the Gold Coast!
The amusing parts of this tail:
* I was going thru a round-a-bout and a green car entered it and thus was driving in front of me. Normally it would just be another car however I found it amusing that it was right in front of me – can’t miss it! 😀 hahaha
* I arrived at one of my destinations only to find 3 other cars on the street (surrounding me – two in front, and one on the other side of the street in someone’s driveway).
* Had another case of “hello green car!” whilst driving … yet another one driving in front of me so I couldn’t ignore it 😀
One thing I learnt in this lesson is that I needed to be specific with which type of green I was going to “count” as all types showed up.
For the second half of this experiment I chose yellow flowers. This was mostly because where I was at the time (I house sit) had yellow flowers within the room. Unlike the green cars, they weren’t as prolific however it was interesting where I saw all my yellow flowers:
* At an intersection there is a painted electrical box (or something)… and it had flowers painted on it.. and yes… big yellow flowers. I have past this many times and never really noticed the huge yellow flowers painted on it !
* Driving along and randomly saw yellow flowers in someone’s garden
* Walking a dog and there were small yellow flowers along the footpath/side of the road
* Walking the same dog and someone’s yard had yellow flowers within them (never noticed before)